Days of Elijah's Major Flaw
Days of Elijah ranked in on my list at tenth. It made the list largely because of its fun actions. It would have made it higher on the list if the song didn't anger me. I still have fun singing it but I am angry with the writer for an obvious misrepresentation of the Bible. There is the a line that reads. "These are the day of your servant David, rebuilding the Temple of praise." David?!?!?! David didn't build the temple; in fact he was ordered not to build the Temple. Instead the building of the Temple was left for David's son Solomon. However I don't let this ruin the song for me. Instead I make a point of it to sing "...of your servant Solomon, building the Temple of praise". I also suggest that other do same in order to not teach children falsely about the Bible. I hate to think about how many children walk around thinking David built the Temple just because of this song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would like to challenge you to actually compose new lyrics to this classic melody!
Post a Comment