My second excursion of the summer occured at the end of camp. Inspiration Hills was kind enough to take the summer staff out for a glorious last night together. After all of the normal cleanup from the week we cleaned up and loaded up on the bus. We rode the bus up to Thunder Road in Sioux Falls. Here we were catered by Famous Dave's.
Famous Dave's catering consisted of barbeque pork, barbeque chicken, potatoes and apple desert. After the completion of our meal we played a rousing game of human fooseball. Actually is was more like three or four games. I scored around four goals and played goalie for a while. Human fooseball was fun but turned out to be very dangerous. One of the guys got hit where guys would most like not to. Also a girl was hit in the face by the ball causing her to bleed.
After human fooseball we were each giving three activity tickets. The tickets could be used either for the gokarts or mini golf. My first ticket was used for mini golf. I had a slow kart for that time around and would definately like to forget it. My next ticket was used for mini golf. I started out pretty well. Our summer camp director Cal is amazing at mini golf. It seemed as if every hole he made in one or two hits. Eventually I fell apart and went from hitting shots in three hits to making them in six. Later it was time again for the gokarts. This time I had a good gokart and it made all the difference. I had alot of fun and when everyone was done we hopped on the bus and headed back to Inspiration Hills for the last time of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment