Excursion 3

My third excursion was quite an odd one. It was actually a two day travel affair but actually took up more than a week. This excursion was one in search of a bicycle. I wanted a bike to ride to and from class this fall because I will be about four blocks away from my class. Walking would be alright, however that might take more time than I would like seeing how one of my classes starts at eight-thirty in the morning. I really don't feel it would be worth driving to class everyday. This leaves me with one option, a bike.

The first place I went to look was Wal-mart. They had a couple cheap bikes and some more expensive ones as well. All they had was mountain bikes, which aren't ideal. Also I know that some of the other counselors have boughten Wal-mart bikes that don't last very long.

My next bright idea was to try a pawn shop. What I forgot is that pawn shops are evil and try to rip people off by under paying people who sell things to them and vastly overpricing everything. Essentially I would have to pay over a hundred dollars for a rusty old bike. I bet they paid the seller under twenty dollar for it, what a rip off! Upon given up that idea I decided that I may have to pay more than I originally hoped. I knew that my only chance was to try a bike shop.

My first stop was Scheels which surprisingly only had one type of mountain bike, which was $200 and had hybrids starting at $350 dollars. I debated getting the mountain bike just because I had spent two days in Sioux Falls looking in Sioux Falls looking for a bike and had nothing to show. I met up with six other counselors and we ate at the Olive Garden together and then headed back to camp, me without a bicycle.

No comments: