Excursion 4

After my trip described in excursion 3 I was very worried I would not find a bike. I started looking on ebay, but I wasn't ready to trust something that I could not see in person. How would I know if the bike would fit me? That path was risky, especially when you add on the cost of shipping.

Now I decided to spend another day in Sioux Falls and hopefully I would finally find a bicycle. I decided actual bike shops would be best for me. I knew of only two, two wheeler dealer and spoke and sport. I was looking for a used bike and neither of these places delivered. The story was the same for both, I walked in and was immediately found by a salesman. They offered to assist me in finding a bike. I asked if they had any used bicycles and they said no. Then they pretty much just walked away. A new one here would cost at least $450, a whole lot more than I wanted to spend.

I called someone and they said that they had a good experience with Harlan's Bike and Tour. I went there and talked to them about getting a used bike. They do accept trades and then rent them out. They did have one that they said would fit me well, however it was rented out to someone for a couple more hours. At this point I had invested too much time into finding a bike to give up now. So I wasted a couple of hours getting lost and "unlost" in Sioux Falls. It was worth the wait. The bike fit me perfectly and was exactly what I needed. It was a hybrid meaning it rides similar to a road bike but with the durability of a mountain bike. I also got a good deal on it because it was used, so good of a deal I am obligated by law not to share...or not so much.

No comments: